Archive detailed schedule of the admission process to the project
in the chemical sciences discipline
to the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Lodz University of Technology in the academic year 2022/2023.
- 11-13 October 2022 r. (by 15:00) - Applicants' registration via the Admissions Registration Service
- 11-13 October 2022 r. (by 15:00) - Sending the scans of the admissions documents on the e-mail address: email@example.com,
- 21 October 2022 r. - Interviews,
- by 31 October 2022 r. - Publication of the results on the IDS TUL website.
Notice! Due to the epidemic situation in Poland, some changes may be made in this schedule of the admission process. All information will be published on an ongoing basis on IDS TUL website.
By 31 October, 2022 an Applicant should – once a day – open his/her e-mail box, from which he/she sent an e-mail with the scans of documents, as the information regarding the documents may be sent to him/her.
I Applicant registration via the Admissions Registration Service
- Registration of the Applicants to the Lodz University of Technology is conducted through the Lodz University of Technology Admissions Registration Service, available at https://e-rekrutacja.p.lodz.pl/info/.
- An Applicant to IDS TUL registers in the Admissions Registration Service of the Lodz University of Technology by:
a) setting up an account in the Admissions Registration Service,
b) completing the application for admission to the Lodz Technical University,
c) selecting one main discipline in which the training programme at the IDS TUL is to be conducted.
- In the Admissions Registration Service an Applicant generates the application form, signs the application with his/her handwritten signature, and sends on the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of problems with the registration through the Admissions Registration Service, the Applicant is requested to contact the IDS TUL office at the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The amount of a one-time, non-refundable recruitment fee for processing the application is PLN 200. The fee should be paid by card or bank transfer to an individual bank account:
PL40 1240 6973 1111 0010 9402 4149
Bank account number in EUR:
PL56 1240 3028 1978 0000 2822 2358
Bank account number in USD:
PL91 1240 3028 1787 0000 2822 2257
SWIFT code: PKOPPLPW
Bank Pekao SA BIC code: PKOPPLPW
Payment title: name and surname, discipline name, recruitment fee to IDS TUL
In case of making a payment from an account kept in a currency other than PLN or by a card cleared in a currency other than PLN, it is the Applicant’s responsibility to apply the appropriate exchange rate as of the date of payment, so that the university’s account is credited with the correct amount. The potential costs of currency conversions and other commissions, including fees of any intermediary banks, are covered by the Applicant.
II Sending the scans of recruitment documents on the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. The scans of the documents required should be sent within the period indicated in this schedule on the e-mail address: email@example.com. The deadline for sending the documents:
a) for the Applicants to the project
11-13 October 2022 r. (by 15:00)
2. The recruitment documents referred to in section 5 of the Resolution no. 7/2022 of the Senate of Lodz University of Technology of 23 February 2022 on the rules of admission to the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Lodz University of Technology in the academic year 2022/2023, should be enclosed to an e-mail as separate scans and sent in one e-mail on the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. The name of the scan of a given document should include the name and surname of the Applicant, and the type of document, as indicated in the example below. The scans of the translations of documents or the scans of documents that have been legalised or apostille-stamped (required in the case referred to in section 5 (2) of the above mentioned Resolution) should be enclosed as separate files to the e-mail sent by the Applicant (the name of the file should be clear enough to say which document the translation/legalisation/apostille refers to).
4. The title of an e-mail sent on the e-mail address email@example.com should include the name and surname of the Applicant, and the text “Application to IDS TUL”.
5. Only the Applicants who obtained a positive grade from the interviews and are conditionally qualified to IDS TUL will be required to submit the original copies of documents.
6. The original copies of documents should be submitted in IDS TUL office within the period indicated in section 6 (5) of the above mentioned Resolution, in a white A4 bound folder during the opening hours of IDS TUL office:
Monday – 10:00-12:00
Tuesday – 13:00-15:00
Wednesday – closed
Thursday – 9:00-11:00
Friday – closed
7. The Applicants who have completed their Master's degree education, but at the time of submitting the recruitment documents do not yet have a diploma, submit (together with the recruitment documentation) a certificate from the Dean's Office (or University) stating the grade "on the diploma". The candidate is required to provide a diploma immediately upon receipt. The Applicants are requested to report to their Dean's Office the need to issue such a certificate in advance.
III Conducting interviews
- Detailed criteria for the assessment of the interviews are specified in Appendix No. 3 to the Resolution indicated in section II (2) of this schedule.
- Detailed schedule of the interviews (dates, places and manner of conducting, ie. on site/remotely within particular disciplines will be published on the IDS TUL website at a later date.
IV Admission results
- The results of the admission process for each discipline will be published on the website of the Interdisciplinary Doctoral School of Lodz University of Technology.
- Pursuant to § 6 point 6 of the Resolution indicated in section II (2) of this schedule, a person admitted to IDS TUL begins training and acquires the rights of a Doctoral Candidate upon taking the oath and signing the oath act.
V Special provisions
Applicants with disabilities or chronic illness
1. The IDS TUL office is available for people with disabilities (there is an elevator in building A33).
2. The Applicants with disabilities or chronic illness whose health condition precludes participation in the interview shall submit a request with substantiation to the Committee on Needs-Based Support for People with Disabilities of TUL. The implementation doctorate Applicants, as well as regular admission Applicants shall submit the request no later than on October 10th, 2022.
The Office for Persons with Disabilities of the Lodz University of Technology
Żeromskiego 116, 90-924 Łódź (Building A30, Campus A) phone: (42) 631 38 87
3. Detailed rules of procedure for granting support are laid down in the Resolution indicated in section II (2) of this schedule and in the Regulations for granting needs-based support from the funds allocated to the university for actions aimed at providing people with disabilities with equal opportunity in admissions to degree programs, doctoral schools, and research (Article 365 (6) of the Act of 20 July 2018 r. – Law on Higher Education and Science, Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574, as amended) in force at the Lodz University of Technology.
Referral to IDS TUL admission process
- Persons referred to in Article 186(2) of the Act of 20 July 2018 – Law on Higher Education and Science (Journal of Laws of 2022, item 574, as amended), including the beneficiaries of the "Diamond Grant" programme, shall submit an application in accordance with Appendix No. 2 to Resolution indicated in section II (2) of this schedule to the Chairperson of the relevant Discipline Council no later than on October 10th, 2022.
- The application should include a description of the scientific achievements of the Applicant (to prove the achievements the copies of materials confirming the achievements should be enclosed to the application) and a positive opinion of the Applicant’s supervisor or the scientific advisor (applies to first-cycle studies or long-cycle studies), as well as contact details, including the Applicant's e-mail address.
- Within 7 days from the date when the application was submitted, the Chairperson of the Discipline Council prepares the decision with the substantiation and forwards it to the Applicant by electronic means to the e-mail address indicated in the application, and to the IDS TUL office.
- The Applicant encloses the positive decision to the recruitment documents. A negative decision does not entitle the Applicant to participate in the admission process to IDS TUL.
Choosing a scientific advisor from outside the Lodz University of Technology
- The choice of a scientific advisor from outside TUL is allowed. In this situation, the Applicant submits an application for permission to select a scientific advisor from outside the Lodz University of Technology in accordance with Appendix No. 8 to Resolution indicated in section II (2) of this schedule to the Chairperson of the relevant Discipline Council by 10 October 2022 at the latest.
- The application shall include a substantiation, the list of scientific achievements and the scientific profile of the indicated advisor, as well as the e-mail address of the Applicant and the indicated advisor. The Applicant encloses the declaration in accordance with Appendix No. 1 to the Resolution indicated in section II (2) of this schedule
- Within 7 days from the date when the application was submitted, the Chairperson of the Discipline Council prepares a recommendation (positive or negative) with substantiation, and forwards it within this time limit to the Applicant’s e-mail address and to IDS TUL office.
- The Applicant encloses the positive decision to the recruitment documents. Should a negative decision be issued, the Applicant may request permission to choose a different scientific advisor from outside the Lodz University of Technology or choose a scientific advisor from the Lodz University of Technology, but in both cases within the required deadlines. Agreeing on the candidate for an advisor from outside the Lodz University of Technology or choosing an advisor from the Lodz University of Technology is a necessary condition for taking part in in the admission process to the IDS TUL.